Sunday, June 7, 2015

Chemical Tathastu!!

Yesterday a facebook friend posted an event - he got married. I know him from my school years. He was a fun to be with. His facebook post was interesting - "My better 2nd half started" & "bonding between 2 chemical engineers". I wished him the very best. I have become awestruck by marriage (the ceremony, the new relationship and the changed way of life) - and as other English phrases fail me - am a huge fan. So I completely agree with his sentiment, it is indeed his life's better 2nd half. And his wife being his "better half" is such an Indian-English cliche`.
I had not been in much contact with him for some time now - lets say 15 years - that is how most Facebook friendships seem to be - so he being a chemical engineer is something that I would say I knew, but honestly I just have some vague recollection. I wish this "bond between 2 chemical engineers" be always strong. The particular words however, enticed me, taking me back to my HSC years. If marriage is indeed a bond and in this case it being between 2 chemical engineers - it has to be a covalent bond where different atoms share there electrons - no acquisitions, just merger. Let the 2 persons involved share their joys, sorrows, abundance and replenish each other. If only there was a chemical equivalent of Tathastu!!

No comments: