Monday, April 25, 2016

Uff!! mere ye aadarsh!!

Being principled has always seemed to be a costly option.That the principles have become obsolete is a different matter altogether. What was newly revealed to this blogger, is the correlation of principles which helps them co-exist.

Principles/beliefs in the mix:

  1. Conserve earth, plant more trees
  2. Compassion towards birds and animals, sometimes above and over human life
  3. Though shall sow, and not expect the fruits
Revelation:

I have 3 flower-pots in my apartment. I water them daily. Apart from an over-zealous "Curry leaves" plant that is housed in one of the flower-pot, nothing else has lasted long. The problem - pigeons and sparrows. I have made repeated attempts to plant seeds in the other 2 flower-pots, only to see them sprout, grow a little and then have the pigeons and sparrows ravage on it.
So, I take efforts to water the plants. I see the pigeons and sparrows finish them off. I cannot hit at the birds to protect the plants (Uff!! mere ye aadarsh!! - well actually I do shooo them off many times - but I cant really be with the plan 24*7 - still got a day job). And then the 2 flower pots remain barren, which the pigeons consider a vacancy - and use it as a nursing home. So, my flower pots are blessed with pigeon-lings once every 3 months (and hence not barren?!!). So, while I sow plant seeds I get pigeon-lings which would become pigeons and make my gardening that much more difficult. That is 90% of the story. The rest 10% is the shit. The pigeons/pigeon-lings - shit a lot. Now that could be manure for my plants - so I would plan to sow more seeds going forward, only to see the leaves being eaten off in 3-4 days by the same marauders. And here comes the last principle to rescue - or to dissuade me from victimizing myself - though shall sow and not expect the fruits - in fact what you might reap is pigeon-lings and ..... shit!!



1 comment:

Ishan Bhole said...

Haha nice read.

Try pushing them off after they lay an egg. The shock of the egg killing dissuades them majorly. Might have to do it once or twice to show them that their nests r unwelcome